Sunday 12 September 2010

Scrappy day

Today was the mini crop get together at mine. Jen, Lianne and Sarah all came to play today, and I think we were quite productive really... well I only got 2 LOs done so I guess I wasn't that productive!!!
I love having days where I don't have to be a mum. It makes me appreciate the kids more, and it makes Rob appreciate how hard it is being a sahm!
The first LO was a very simple one to do. I used candy red mica mist on the My Mind's Eye background paper, using a die cut shape as a mask. I used a scallop circle punch to create a kind of overlapped photo mat.... a great way to use up scraps, and quite effective. I used a couple of stamps I've had for years and never used... they came in Scarlet Lime kits, and have just been hidden away unused and unloved. The alpha stickers also came in a kit, and I can't believe I've had them for so long without using them. I borrowed Sarah's 3 in 1 butterfly punch and added staples for the butterfly bodies... love this punch and defo think I need to add that to my 'need' list!!!
The second LO (sorry for the rubbish photo) is of Harry on his first day at nursery. He has been so excited to go to 'big school' and wear his uniform, but looked a bit startled when we were in the cloak room finding his peg. I played around in photoshop to have just the peg picture in colour. I used a mix of old and new papers, most of which I have no idea what manufacturer they are by as the strips have been cut off. Not entirely sure I love this LO, but it records an important day in his life, so it will always be special because of that. I still have to scrap a photo of him in his uniform... which has come home in an 'unfit to get another day out of it' condition every afternoon!!!
Another big day, this time for Oliver. He moved up to juniors!!! How did that happen??? Of course he had to have his photo taken too... and not being used to be woken up and rushed to get dressed and have breakfast the light was 'too bright' when I dragged him out into the garden to have his photo taken!W eventually got a decent shot without the silly face!!! Now I just wish I could find the perfect pp that has school uniform blue in it!!!

Right off to tidy up all the stuff that is still all over the dining table... I think it could be a disaster waiting to happen if I left it out for the looked after children coming for breakfast tomorrow!!!

7 comments:

Trina said...

Gorgous LO's Lou!

Love how you have used the scalloped punch, and I think I need that butterfly punch lol

Love T xx

Rachael Elliott said...

Not sure if my previous comment posted got "service unavailabe"!! What I said was......fab pages and I just love how you have used the mist. Sooooooo jealous of you little crop :(

Jemma said...

great LO wish i could come crop with you guys but one day ....

love both the Los, i see more things that im going to be stealing too :)

Julia said...

Lovely lo's Lou. I love the misting - must get some of that! We too have the bright blue uniforms but I've managed to find a few pp's to go with over the years!

Julia said...

Lovely lo's Lou. I love the misting - must get some of that! We too have the bright blue uniforms but I've managed to find a few pp's to go with over the years!

Jenga said...

Great Lo's. Had great fun cropping with you all. I'll bring the tena ladies next time!! ;0

Rachel said...

fabby pages hun, love the first one, jealous of ya crop too, swing by leeds once in a while xx