Saturday 12 January 2008

Look what I learned to do

I have always wanted to be able to crochet. I have had books from the library in the past, followed the instructions carefully and always ended up with a tangled mess. My best friend Annie, sent me the most fantastic scarf for Christmas, and it fired up my desire to learn to crochet again. I found a fantastic site today and sat down to have a play.... and OMG I made two granny squares in less than an hour. OK so they may not be the neatest pieces of crochet in the world, but I learnt, I followed a pattern, and it is easy... so that's a start.Today we took the boys to the park across the road. Oliver insisted that Harry went in his push a long car so that he could race him with his go-cart. Harry loved it, the faster we pushed the more he squealed. When we stopped he would grab the steering wheel and rock back and forth to try to make the car go on his own. The fresh air did him the world of good as he had his afternoon nap with no fuss at all.Whilst we were at the park I took my s.p.s for HS:MS. So this is me today... sorry about the smirk, but Rob was taking the p*ss out of me holding the camera up to get pictures of myself. Yesterday's prompt was 'cold' but I didn't get the chance to post. So here is my very uninspiring shot. The minging cold tap from our minging bathroom.When we got back Oliver and I continued our quest to unearth a dinosaur. He got a dig for a tyrannosaurus kit for Christmas... it says it is for ages 7+, but OMG it is so hard. We had a proper good go at it, well I was doing the hard work and Oliver was brushing the dust away... and we managed to free part of a rib case, a leg and a claw. Only 7 more parts to find!!!

7 comments:

Andrew said...

I love the SPS - you look as though you are about to shout 'Bugger off!'

Smashing pics of the kids in the park, too!
Ax

Darcy Marshall said...

ooo you look well snuggled up and warm.

Louise Galt said...

great photos, my OH takes the p*ss out of me when I take photos of myslef too. Kids look like there having loads of fun. Oh and well done on the crochet looks fab, all I can do is knit scarfs lol.

Jenga said...

Oh yeah Ticheroonie takes the pee out of me and my photos too!

Jemma said...

so much to catch up on!!

YOur wee men are too cute and its so great that they are getting on well! Love the pic of you and im sure you will get your own back on Rob! As for the dig for a saur - sounds like hard work, may want to just put it in the bath and you will find the bits in the mud rather than having to dig! :P

All of my Todays said...

Great SPS - looking good. Great shots of the kids too and the tap. x

Anonymous said...

Way to go... isn't it fab when you achieve something you've been wanting to do for ages :D
The boys look soooo cute and I love your SPS :D