Monday 20 August 2007

Scrapdragons sketch challenge

After following a link from Jemma's blog I found this new challenge blog. It looks like it's going to be a goodie. Challenge number 2 is a sketch challenge, so tonight I decided to give it a go. Not only that but I set myself the challenge to complete the LO in less than an hour... and I managed it, which is why the LO is quite plain compared to what I normally do. But I like it all the same, and OMG I only went and used lilac, which has to be the ickiest colour ever, and I am liking that too... must be the lack of sleep...LOL!!!

The photo was taken at my friends wedding, and is of Oliver and Elijah running around the grounds of the hall. I love the picture as it is so far away from being posed and it sums up how the two boys are every time they get together... fast and generally quite noisy!

Last night I did my LO for the next round of the sprinkles comp, and I love it... I though i'd struggle with not being able to scrap anything living, but I really enjoyed the challenge. And I used papers I had for ages and didn't know how to use, so pretty pleased all round, even though Rob did put doubt in my mind by questioning a couple of area on the LO.... Men!!! how does the saying go.... when I want your opinion I will give it to you...LOL!!!

4 comments:

Scrapdragons said...

Thanks for doing the sketch challenge! Your layout is lovely! I think the lavender works wonderfully!!
~Gabi

Jemma said...

i love this lou! - love that green paper, i used it on your cj actually! - reminds me must send that - oops!!

Laura S. said...

Love your take on the sketch!! the flourishes are really cool.

Laura
Scrapdragon

Looby said...

this is great Lou - will have to take a look at this challenge, and I can't believe you used LILAC!! LOL - works really well!